TAX TOOLS & FINANCIAL CALCULATORS
All tools provided by CalcXML and the IRS
Choose your State to check on your Refund
Choose your State to find a Form or Publication
Important Tax Dates for 2020IRS official tax dates you need to stay on top of your taxes.
January 15, 2020
- 4th Quarter 2019 Estimated Tax Payments Due:
Are you self-employed? Do you have other fourth-quarter income that requires you to pay quarterly estimated taxes? Postmark by January 15, 2020 to meet this tax deadline.
April 15, 2020
- Individual Tax Returns Due for Tax Year 2019:
E-file or postmark your individual tax returns by midnight April 15, 2020, or file for an extension.
- Individual Tax Return Extension Form Due for Tax Year 2019:
File requests for a tax extensions by April 15 to push your tax deadline back to October 15, 2020.
- 1st Quarter 2020 Estimated Tax Payment Due
For self-employed or other first-quarter income that requires you to pay quarterly estimated taxes, prepare your Form 1040-ES and postmark by April 15, 2020.
- Last Day to make a 2019 IRA Contribution
April 15, 2020 is the deadline for a contribution to a traditional IRA, deductible or not, and a Roth IRA. However, if you have a Keogh or SEP and you get a filing extension to October 15, 2020.
June 15, 2020
- 2nd Quarter 2020 Estimated Tax Payment Due
Self-employed or other second-quarter income that requires you to pay quarterly estimated taxes must have payments postmarked by June 15, 2020.
September 15, 2020
- 3rd Quarter 2020 Estimated Tax Payment Due
Self-employed or other second-quarter income that requires you to pay quarterly estimated taxes must have your third quarter payment postmarked by Sept. 15, 2020.
October 15, 2020
- Extended Individual Tax Returns Due
2019 tax return filing extensions need to be completed and postmarked by October 15, 2020.
2020 Federal Legal Holidays
- January 1 – New Year's Day
- January 20 – Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday
- February 17 – Washington's Birthday
- May 25 – Memorial Day
- July 3 – Independence Day
- September 7 – Labor Day
- October 14 – Columbus Day
- November 11 – Veterans' Day
- November 26 – Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 – Christmas Day
Tax Calculators - Provided by CalcXML
- What is my potential estate tax liability?
- Federal income tax calculator
- Should I adjust my payroll withholdings?
- Will my investment interest be deductible?
- How much self-employment tax will I pay?
- Capital gains (losses) tax estimator
- Compare taxable, tax-deferred, and tax-free investment growth
- How much of my social security benefit may be taxed?
- What are the tax implications of paying interest?
- Should I itemize or take the standard deduction?
- What is my tax-equivalent yield?
- Tax refund estimator
- Tax freedom day
- Lease or buy an automobile?
- Loan vs. 0% dealer financing?
- What would my auto payments be?
- Upgrade to a more fuel efficient vehicle?
- Auto loan: accelerated payoff
- How much vehicle can I afford?
- How much should I be saving for college?
- Can I pay back my student loans?
- Advantages of the Coverdell ESA
- Advantages of a 529 college savings plan
- The value of a college education?
- Payments on a parental (PLUS) loan?
- Live on campus, off campus or at home?
Home & Mortgage
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I refinance my home mortgage (break even)?
- Mortgage calculator
- Comparing mortgage terms (i.e. 15, 20, 30 year)
- Should I pay discount points for A lower interest rate?
- Should I rent or buy a home?
- Should I convert to a bi-weekly payment schedule?
- Compare a ‘no-cost’ versus traditional mortgage
- What are the tax savings generated by my mortgage?
- Which is better: fixed or adjustable-rate mortgage?
- Adjustable rate mortgage calculator
- How do closing costs impact the interest rate?
- Compare an interest-only versus traditional mortgage
Paycheck & Benefits
- How much is my company bonus after taxes?
- How will payroll adjustments affect my take-home pay?
- Convert my salary to an equivalent hourly wage
- Convert my hourly wage to an equivalent salary
- Future value of my employee stock options?
- Exercise my “in-the-money” stock options?
- What may my 401(k) be worth?
- Impact of increasing my 401(k) contribution?
- What may my 457 Plan be worth?
- Impact of increasing my 457 Plan contribution?
- Will retirement impact my living expenses?
- How much will I need for retirement?
- Are my current retirement savings sufficient?
- Social Security retirement income estimator
- How does inflation impact my retirement income needs?
- I’m retired, how long will my savings last?
- When should I begin saving for retirement?
- Convert discretionary expenses to savings?
- How much retirement income may my 401(k) provide?
- Compare a Roth 401(k) to a Traditional 401(K)
- Does inflation impact my standard of living?
- How much am I spending?
- How much do I need for emergencies?
- Pay down debt or invest more?
- How long will my money last?
- Should my spouse work?
- What is my current net worth?
- What is my projected net worth?
- What is my current cash flow?
- What is my projected cash flow?
- Value of reducing or foregoing expenses
- Historical inflation – compare purchasing power
- How long will it take to pay off my credit card?
- How long until my loan is paid off?
- What are my loan payments?
- What is the balance owing on my loan?
- Consolidate my personal debt?
- Re-structuring debts for accelerated payoff
- Cash up front or payments over time?
- Impact of making extra debt payments?
- Pay off debts or invest the money?
- Estimate my credit score
- How much life insurance do I need?
- What is my life expectancy?
- What are my needs for burial and final expenses?
- How much disability income insurance do I need?
- What are the chances of becoming disabled?
- What are my long-term care insurance needs?
- How much will I earn in my lifetime?
- What are the tax advantages of an annuity?
- How long will my current life insurance proceeds last?
- What is the future value of an annuity?
- Which is better, comprehensive plan or high-deductible plan with HSA?
- Compare a taxable investment to a tax-deferred investment
- Evaluate my company pension payout options
- How much can I contribute to an IRA?
- Retirement income from my IRA provider?
- Convert to a Roth IRA?
- Qualified plan is worth what retirement?
- Current year required minimum distribution?
- Projected required minimum distributions?
- Lump sum distribution options?
- Maximize my employer 401(k) match?
- Impact of borrowing from my 401(k) plan?
- Impact of early withdrawal from my 401(k)?
- I’m self-employed, how much can I contribute to a retirement plan?
- Net Unrealized Appreciation (NUA) vs. IRA Rollover?
- Becoming a millionaire
- Income generated by a savings plan
- How long will it take to double my money?
- How long until my savings reach my goal?
- Save now vs. save later
- How much should I save to reach my goal?
- What will my current savings grow to?
- Calculate rate of return
- How do taxes and inflation impact my return?
- What is my effective annual yield?